History Hoydens

Example

Historical Romance Writers Dishing the Dirt on Research

28 June 2007

4 Stars for To Tempt a Scotsman!!!

We don't always post reviews here, but I just got my VERY FIRST Romantic Times review, and I can't resist. 4 STARS!!!
------
"Dahl debuts with a sizzling love story peopled with characters you come to adore. Though there is nothing truly original about the plot, she creates a natural conflict between her three-dimensional lovers and keeps the pages flying with a strong pace and powerful sensuality.

Summary: Intent upon finding his half-brother's killer, Collin Blackburn hunts down Lady Alexandra Huntington, the temptress who lured his brother into a fatal duel.When he finds Alex hidden in the country, he sees that she's not the wild wanton he imagined. Alex is a petite dynamo whose natural sensuality is hard to resist.

He begins to question her role in the duel, and when she sets her sights on the braw Scotsman, he doesn't have a chance. Alex believes that convincing Collin to meet her in bed every day for a week will satisfy her longings. Instead they both crave more, but surrendering to temptation and love only sets them up for danger from a vicious enemy. (Zebra, Aug., 300 pp., $3.99) HOT"—Kathe Robin
------

I'm thrilled and relieved, and I seriously needed some happy news as I'm in the midst of packing for a family vacation. Nothing but fun for the mom, you know! *g*

Watch for To Tempt a Scotsman on August 7th!

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Congratulations Victoria! That's fabulous. I can't wait to pick up a copy in August to read.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kalen Hughes said...

Major congrats! I know how stressful waiting for that first review can be.

I like the fact that you can pull stuff like "Dahl debuts with a sizzling love story" and "Dahl keeps the pages flying."

10:04 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dahl said...

Yes, out of my one author quote and the two reviews I've gotten so far, all THREE have called the book "sizzling". I think I should change my tag from "Sensual romance" to "Sizzling romance"!

*g* Too bad I've already printed up bookmarks and bus. cards.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Tracy Grant said...

Congratulations! Wonderful review--makes me really want to read the book! And major sympathies on vacation packing--I usually hit a point where I'm convinced it was an idiotic idea to go on vacation and I'd be much happier at home (then when the packing's done and I actually go on the trip I have a great time :-).

10:41 AM  
Blogger Pam Rosenthal said...

mega-congrats, and I do know what a relief it is to get some good news after waiting so long. Will you be signing To Tempt a Scotsman at RWA National, Vicki?

10:47 AM  
Blogger jennifer echols said...

I think the very last word sums it up, after the price and everything. HOT. I know that's just RT's how-sexy-is-it designation, but this really sums up the book for me. HOT. I am the Great Critique Partner so I should know.

Also, Vicki put in one of the sex scenes because I said there wasn't enough sex. Y'all can thank me after you read it.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda Elyot said...

Congratulations, Victoria! I'm thrilled for you. I hope you can waltz all the way to the bank with that fabulous review!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dahl said...

Thanks so much, everyone! And yes, Jennifer gets credit for the last love scene. She said, "They haven't done it for a hundred pages. You have to put another sex scene in there. This is why people read your books!" Which was truly funny considering I was unpublished at the time. *snort*

Pam, I had a very bad week last week when my editor let me know he couldn't get my books to Nat'ls. It's just too early, but he tried. But I've come to terms with it, I swear.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Kathrynn Dennis said...

Congrats, Vicki! With a cover like that, how could To Tempt a Scotsman NOT be "a sizzling
love story"?????

Well done!...;-)

1:35 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Brava, Victoria! I look forward to another reason to remember this summer as "sizzling!"

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Kennedy Western University Online