History Hoydens

Example

Historical Romance Writers Dishing the Dirt on Research

05 December 2011

New Hoyden: Rose Lerner!

I’m beyond thrilled to announce that Rose Lerner is joining History Hoydens. Rose writes the most amazing historical romances, with a Heyer-esque feel (and I mean that in the best sense possible) and heroines that are endearingly real and wonderfully tough in their own, special ways.

Rose’s debut novel, In For a Penny, crashed into the romance world with a great deal of very positive buzz. Eloisa James called it “charming and original”. I know those words are often attached to books, but in this case they’re utterly true. Rose’s follow up, A Lily Among Thorns was equally well received. Courtney Milan claims to have loved it even more than In For a Penny, which is saying something! The fact that she was voted best debut author for 2011 by readers over at All About Romance tells its own story.



Rose is also a major research wonkette, like so many of us here, so I expect her contributions to the blog will be insightful and very, very interesting.

Please join me in welcoming her to the blog!

11 Comments:

Blogger JenM said...

I've read both of Rose's books and loved them - they are so well-researched. I'll be looking forward to her posts.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Leslie Carroll said...

Welcome, Rose! We are delighted that you have joined us. I am very excited to dig into your prose and am greatly looking forward to your posts.

Happy Hoyden-ness!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Rose Lerner said...

Wow, thanks Isobel! I'm blushing like crazy over here. It is such an honor to be asked to be a Hoyden, and I'm so thrilled to be joining the blog and getting to know all of you. I'm trying to keep my cool but it isn't easy. Hi everyone! Hi! Hi! <3

9:40 AM  
Blogger Isobel Carr said...

We're really happy to have you, Rose. It's always fun to find someone who has their own distinct take on the period and see what information and insights they share.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Barbara Monajem said...

SO glad to see you here, Rose! I loved In for a Penny -- a wonderful story with lots of fab period detail. Looking forward to reading A Lily Among Thorns. :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger kim h said...

Great addition to anyone's table -Rose Lerner!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Isobel Carr said...

@Kim: I know! We're so luck to have her.

2:43 PM  
Blogger J said...

Congratulations Rose! :) I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Rose Lerner said...

Thank you everyone again! You are all very kind. ::ponders topic for first post::

1:21 AM  
Blogger Patricia Rice said...

Loved In For a Penny! I never post comments here but I do read this blog with my feed every afternoon...

Good to "see" you here.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Evangeline Holland said...

Welcome Rose! I can't wait to read your contributions to the HH!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Kennedy Western University Online